Turn left!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Turn left!
From: Mowog1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 18:36:59 -0400 (EDT)
Yo chaps!  My wife and I attended the 81st running of the Indianapolis 500
last Sunday (and Monday...we both had to work on Tuesday and have yet to
watch the tape of the actual race!) For those of you who want to try to catch
a glimpse of us - look for the red rain suits and MG ballcaps 9 rows up
directly behind the beginning of the retaining wall at the entrance to the
pits on the inside of the track. It was Jean's first trip to the Memorial Day
tradition and she is now addicted. (Look out Janet Guthrie and Lyn St.James!)
As we walked up and down pit row, she kept remarking "Look at all those neat
tools!" As the 35 cars roared past on the opening parade lap, she exclaimed,
"I want to drive one!"

But there was something missing! Where were the MGs?! Doesn't seem like a
year, does it?!

BTW...the guys in the "yellow shirts" were of great assistance and in general
were all in a good mood.....must have been the heat last June that made their
demeanor so nasty!

Cheers!

Rick Ingram - NAMGBR #0-134