FW: Very hot coil - poor running - please help

To: mgs
Subject: FW: Very hot coil - poor running - please help
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 10:04:15 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net:     Admin request of type /\bsubscribe\b/i at line
3]

     Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 12:26:04 +0100
     From: "TS Internet Machine" <econ.tech.dti@gtnet.gov.uk>

I'm passing this question to the list for a friend who is no longer able to

subscribe... (Use of work accounts etc).

The problem as put to me is....

> From: Kevin Phillips <Kevin.Phillips@TIDV.dti.gov.uk>
> To: <econ.tech.dti@gtnet.gov.uk>
> Subject: Very hot coil - poor running - please help
> Date: 29 May 1997 12:04

> My '74 Roadster cut out on me last week and then refused to re-start.
>
> Went through the usual tests and came up with electrical problem as the cause.
> Juice at the coil, spark from the coil HT lead to ground when cranking,
spark at
> the points but none at the plugs ?????
>
> Changed Distributor cap, leads, points, condensor, LT lead, rotor arm and
the
> car then started but ran really badly.  Checked it was all on right and
it was.

> The car ran really badly and backfired, it also cut out momentarily
whilst
> running but kept on running - it has now cut out again completely and
will not
> re-start - the coil is getting power but is getting very very hot indeed
which
> leads me to think it's a short somewhere - can you offer any help, advice,
> pointers please as it's lovely and hot outside and I can't use the car

Can you provide some help here please - It would be much apreciated

Please can you copy replies direct to : Kevin.Phillips@tidv.dti.gov.uk
as he wants to get the thing going over the weekend.

Many thanks.

Andy.