FW:

To: mgs
Subject: FW:
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 09:54:17 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net:     global taboo body match "/WINMAIL.DAT/i" at
line 23]

     Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 11:24:00 EDT
     From: "Brinkmann, Gerry" <brinkg@uf4124p01.BHeightsNJ.ncr.com>
     Subject: 1500 Midget to DCOE or not to DCOE

 From: "David E. Brown" <debrown@concentric.net>
   I'm considering going the Weber sidedraft route in replacement of my
   working, but just don't care for it Z-S.

If the DCOE is going to be installed on a STOCK Midget 1500 engine, then
I would save your money and probably try to get an SU setup or a Weber
Downdraft.

IF however the engine is going to be breathed on, with slightly better
cam, flowed head, higher CR, then the DCOE makes better sense.

I have 2 examples of DCOE's being fitted to standard engines and then
being fitted to hotted up engines. Most recently I fitted a DCOE to my
standard MGB (3-main). It was awfull - although I did not spend the time
to jet the carb properly. During the winter, I rebuilt the engine and
hotted it up considerably. Fitted the DCOE - an absolute delight.

gerry