Looking for Parts Supplier

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Looking for Parts Supplier
From: Mike Cook <mpcook@highaltitude.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 13:58:25 -0600
I am looking for recommendations on reliable mail order (or online
ordering) parts supplier.  Moss seems to have a very comprehensive list.
Any other recommendations, or comments on Moss?

I just bought my second MG Midget, a 1979 with 43,000 miles, in very good
shape.  My first Midget was a 1961 948cc I bought in 1973 for $600 and sold
in 1975 for $350.

Prior to that (1970-73) I owned a pretty blue 1960 MGA I bought for $500
from a friend in very good shape. I remember replacing the twin 6 volt
batteries with a 12 volt, replaced the wood floors with plywood, although I
did drive around for a whole summer with no floor or seat on the passenger
side.  I did some other minor work on the car including a brake job.  Then
I proceeded to total the MGA when I rear-ended a police car.  But that's
another story.  (Maybe related to technical issues with the brake job?!)

And about 20 years ago (1975-79) I owned a 1968 BSA 650 Lightning which I
paid about $750 for, rebuilt the engine myself (and it ran!).  Of course I
replaced the electrical system.  I couldn't afford the replacement muffler
pipes so I got shorties for it, woke up the neighbors every morning.  Then
I traded it for a dark room full of photo equipment and a 10 speed bike
(which always ran fine).

And I am now the proud owner of another British motor vehicle, so I of
course need a good parts supplier.  Seems to me when I was feeding my MGA,
I bought from Moss Motors in the early 70's.  This car is definitely a
keeper.  I periodically kick myself for selling/trading/junking my other
British vehicles.  Even a totalled MGA would be nice to have sitting in my
garage with 45,000 on the motor!  BTW, I have never ever done a brake job
myself again.

Thanks

And, is there a FAQ for this list?

-- Mike