Re: Brit Run......observations. Short

To: Cancola@aol.com
Subject: Re: Brit Run......observations. Short
From: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 15:06:28 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Bill in Colorado!!

On Tue, 10 Jun 1997 Cancola@aol.com wrote:

>         Great story !!!!   Had to get the map out when you talked about
> coming down through Whistler.  Twenty years ago November I skied at Whistler.
>  Wasn't much there then.  I think in the winter, the road ended at Whistler.

Well, you'd see a change now.  Big money moved into the area, and
Whistler has been eclipsed by Blackcombe (right across the valley),
which is dotted with high speed bubble quads.  You wouldn't believe the
numbers of people they can move... there's no resting in the line-ups.

We've done the "loop" in the '73 B, and had a riot on those winding,
twisty spots.  Lots of scenery and interesting grades (some over 6%).

TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen