Re: MGA Slow Death

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGA Slow Death
From: Sam.Wallace@psemail.ps.net
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 15:20:00 +0100
------ =_0_MIME_Boundary_15507.339eb808.eurh021.eur.ps.net

Message authorized by:
    : mrazor@kih.net%smtp at ccx400uk

------ =_0_MIME_Boundary_15507.339eb808.eurh021.eur.ps.net

     Hi I am new to this and female so forgive if wrong, but
     my old 72 MGB GT did something like this and it turned
     out to be a worn out Brake Servo.

     Dunno if this will help.

     Sorry if I sound completely stupid.

     Sam

Subject: MGA Slow Death
Author:  owner-mgs@autox.team.net%smtp at ccx400uk
Date:    11/06/97 04:14

My MGA dies a slow death.  I gave up trying to figure it out and took it
to our local MG garage.  He replaced plugs, plug wires, points,
condenser (sic),rotor button, dist cap and yet it still dies a slow
death.  He thinks that the carbs are worn out.  I had them rebuilt about
5 years ago.  It runs just great on the open road but get in to traffic
and push in the clutch and it dies.

Mike R

52 MGTD
59 MGA