Re: locks

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: locks
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 20:36:17 +0000
Larry Macy wrote:

> >The British Motor Heritage Trust trace certificate has the original key
> >numbers as part of the information about the car.
> > Both certificates of my cars show key numbers, three keys for the "B"
> >and 2 for the Midget.
> > ASSUMING the locks haven't been changed (and in 20+ years it's a real
> >possibility) this may help.
> >

> >Rick Morrison
> >72 MGBGT
> >74 Midget
> Sorry, This has probably been covered before but- what is the contact inf
> for the Trust.
>
> Another for a FAQ???
>
> Larry Macy
> 78 Midget

The following is copied from the BMIHT website on
http://www.team.net/sol/bmiht.html

                                            DO YOU OWN A CLASSIC VEHICLE ?

                                   IS IT ONE OF THE MARQUES OWNED BY ROVER
GROUP ?

           WOULD YOU LIKE THE DETAILS OF YOUR VEHICLE FROM THE ORIGINAL FACTORY
PRODUCTION
RECORDS ?

If the answer to these three questions is yes, then the British Motor Industry
Heritage Trust
can offer you a certificate suitable for framing, covering the following makes
and models.

     Austin cars and commercial vehicle, most models 1945-69
     Austin Healey Longbridge or Abingdon built 1953-71 (not Warwick built 100
'S')
     Land Rover Series I, II, IIa, IIb and III 1948-70
     Metropolitan Nash, Hudson, Austin 1953-61
     Mini Austin, Morris, Mini Cooper etc 1959-69
     MG from start of TF Midget & ZA Magnette 1953-80 (not TC, TD, YA, YT, YB
models)
     Morris cars and some light commercials, most models 1928-71 (not Morris
Commercial)
     Range Rover all models 1969-79
     Riley from start of Pathfinder model 1953-69 (not 1.5 & 2.5 litre models)
     Rover all models 1945-80
     Standard cars and light commercials 1945-63
     Triumph all models 1946-80
     Vanden Plas also records of many earlier Vanden Plas 1959-80
     Princess bodied cars
     Wolseley most models (gap from 1930-1949) 1901-30 & 1949-74

Statement of origin.- fee of UK Sterling 10.00.

Technical data certificates -. The certificate details the technical data
required to meet the
relevant import regulations and costs from UK Sterling 30.00.

To obtain your certificate, please send your fee and quote the make model and
chassis/car number
of your vehicle to the following address:

     British Motor Industry Heritage Trust
     Archive Department,
     Heritage Motor Centre,
     Banbury Road, Gaydon.
     Warwick, CV35 0BJ
     ENGLAND
     Telephone: (01926) 641188 Fax: (01926) 641555
     30 minutes by car from Birmingham, Oxford, and Stratford-upon-Avon
     Get more info and current pricing and info from the BMIHT Web site:
     http://www.ipl.co.uk/MG/herit02a.html#Production

PaulH.