Re: MGB Crossflow Heads

To: "Rick Brodeur" <rickb@brodynet.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Crossflow Heads
From: Graham McCann <gmccann@pcug.org.au>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 11:06:22 +1000
At 07:05 am 11/6/97 +0000, Rick Brodeur wrote:
>Does anyone have experience with the MGB crossflow heads?
>Is the installation straightforward?  A lot of extra parts to buy?
>How about longevity?
>I'd appreciate any inputs.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Rick Brodeur

I have some familiarity with the Derrington head, which was a performance
change in the 60s and 70s.  Brown & Gammons UK has now had them re
manufactured and carry spares, manifolds to adapt Webers  etc..   There is
one major consideration.  The MGB engine ancillary items were fitted with
an exhaust and inlet manifold on the same side of the motor.  With a cross
flow head you make the distributor almost impossible to get at and may need
a changed oil filter arrangement.

I think that there is another cross flow head available here in Australia
and I will get you details if you are interested.

regards,

Graham

Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia
gmccann@pcug.org.au