Questioning my faith

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Questioning my faith
From: tallen <tallen@csc.sctboces.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 20:59:31 -0400 (EDT)
After finally gettting enough yard work done, this morning I would finally
get some of the things done I still need to do to get my MGA 1600
inspected (I bought the car last August and have driven it 1.6 miles so
far (much earlier post)).  I would get the muffler loose (NOT!) an turn it
90 degrees so it could hang properly without the bumper interfering.  I
would replace the leaky elbow at the fuel pump (the reason I was stranded
on my 1 and only excursion), and I would install a top (hood) so I could
actually take it somewhere and leave it if necessary (like a garage).

Fuel pump no longer leaks, muffler still faces the wrong way (any
suggestions that don't involve a torch?), and the top is mostly on but
very tight (I'm hoping it will stretch).  After dinner its time to put the
car to bed and play with 2 year old son, Joe.  Open door, sit down,
depress clutch pedal, don't remember having spinach for dinner, depress
clutch pedal again - no resistance, none.  So what I've done is traded a
leaky fuel pump and a top for a bad clutch.  I guess my question is where
does it end?  I keep thinking that if I'd leased a Miata last August,
maybe it wouldn't be an MG and maybe I would have to give it back in 3
years, but it wouldn't consume my whole life and maybe I could enjoy it
once in a while (or even once!).

I'll stop now, I just needed to vent.  I don't have the heart right now to
even look at the clutch.  If anyone has any ideas, and you care more about
my clutch than I do right now, feel free to send them on.

Thanks for listening,

Tom
'60 MGA 1600 (still parked)