1275 questions

To: MGS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1275 questions
From: john.kahoon@pcohio.com (John Kahoon)
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 06:03:00 -0500
 Well, I just got done putting in a fresh set of pistons and rod
bearings in my '71 1275. I filled it with 20/50w and turned it over to
get some oil pressure...hmmm 60 lbs with no plugs. Sound ok to you guys
? Now, while I had it apart, Idecided to omit the air pump and the rest
of the pollution stuff. ( I have a nice box in the basement for them, a
much better home in my opinion)
 Now Question #1 I do want to have a pcv, but since the original was
missing ( This car hasn't run in 17 yrs ) I would like to know if
there is a new type pcv I could use and where it should get hooked up.
(I would prefer not to go with a straight breather )
 Question #2 I think the fuel pump has been changed, and the pump is
not an SU type ( at least for this car ) so rebuild is out of the
question. The local parts store has a motor type pump, but the pressure
range is 2.5-4.5 do you guys think this pump would be ok ? At $36, it is
in my budget, $80 for an SU is not.
 Any help, insight, or general opinions would be welcome.

John Kahoon
71 midget
---
 þ SLMR 2.1a þ john.kahoon@pcohio.com

 _ _
|_|_| PC-OHIO Interactive * 216-381-3320 * telnet://bbs.pcohio.net
|_|_| Combining The Best BBS & The Web at http://www.pcohio.com