Re: 77B - Carbies

To: Daryl Speakman <daryls@academy.net.au>
Subject: Re: 77B - Carbies
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@ic.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 07:42:51 -0400
Daryl Speakman wrote:

> I have a late 77B, a Californian car with single carby. I want a little more
> performance and wish to replace cam, exhaust and carby.  Any suggestions as
> to which model Weber and Jet sizes are best for general street use with a
> mild cam.  No air pump etc.

Daryl-

The Weber DGV downdraft seems to be the most popular for street use - I
have on on my 77B.  If you purchase the carb through someone like Britek
or Northwest Import parts, the carb will be fitted with the appropriate
jets for a stock, or nearly stock B mill as you describe.  I purchased
mine thru Northwest, and also benefited from the lowest cost I have seen
for the Weber.  It was a straightforward bolt on job.  I assume that
Moss's kits are the same, but don't know for sure.  If you buy the carb
from a non-british car supplier, you will probably have to play around
with finding the right jets.

Regards,

Chris
The DCOE side-draft is best left for cars that have been "breathed on"
more.  A stock B motor cannot make effective use of this baby, in my
opinion.

Regards,

Chris Delling