Re: OD's

To: "Baker, G." <gbaker@customcpu.com>
Subject: Re: OD's
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@ic.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 09:04:23 -0400
Baker, G. wrote:

> Could someone give me a somewhat condensed summary of which OD unit goes with
> which years MGB's.  I have gathered all kinds of knowledge on driveshaft
>lengths
> and conversion problems but don't still really know when the switch took
>place.
>                                                    Thanks for the response.
>                                                       Gregg Baker
> biff  anc19672@anc.ak.net
> "If you take it serious.....You'll go crazy"

Early (3-Synchro) cars had a D type overdrive.  Post 67 cars with
4-synchro boxes had LH types.  Early LH (through 76, I think) used a
different speedo for O.D. cars, due to a differnce in speedo gearing.
77 and on used the same speedo.  Early LH's and late LH's are
mechanically interchangeable, but a speedometer error will result.  77
model year cars and on used the same driveshaft for O.D. and non-O.D.
cars.  Earlier cars had a different shafts.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chris Delling