OD Wiring Harness

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: OD Wiring Harness
From: mgguyc100@ra.isisnet.com (Williams/MG Guy)
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 22:03:41 -0300 (ADT)
Hello Listers!

I've got a) two weeks off in early July - and they're all mine!
         b) an overdrive transmission
         c) a nicely done '68 roadster, just waitin' for a transplant.

The OD was purchased via the 'net over a year ago, and appears to be quite
healthy. It didn't arrive with the section of wiring harness that connects
it to the main harness.(Yellow to yellow on the inner fender just beyond the
fuse block. Got my Lucas driving lamps hooked to that now, which gives me
on/off on the steering column stalk....but I digress...)

I *do* have a partial section, salvaged from a parts car. Whomever removed
the engine & tranny from that car simply cut through all the wiring. This
piece I have is from the tranny forward.

Now begins my question and request for assistance/input.

Inside the partial harness are three wires. Yellow/red. Green/brown and
Green. The yellow/red is a heavier gauge than the two greens, which are the
same gauge as the rest of the wiring in the car.

Still with me?

I have searched for this section of harness, and it just ain't findin' it's
way to me, so I thought I might be able to reconstruct the section from an
old wiring harness I have from a '69. Strangely enough, there are no other
Yellow/red or Green/Brown wires in the entire harness!?

Checked my Bentley manual's wiring diagram, and it doesn't show a Y/R or G/N.

help.

Need to know a) proper length of this section?
             b) what's with the discrepancies in the diagram?
             c) anybody got one of these for sale, and help save an old
fart's                 plans?

Sorry for the length. Appreciate any input..

Cheers from the Atlantic coast of Canada!

Terry Williams
'70 BGT (overdriven)
'68 roadster (about to be)