Re: tire blow up

To: David Councill <dcouncil@inetco.net>
Subject: Re: tire blow up
From: Aron Travis <atravis@spacey.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 20:37:39 -0700
David Councill wrote:
> He
> wants to sell me a Cooper Sportsmaster at $57 each.
> Is this a good tire and price?

I have Cooper's on one of my vechicles, and I will never buy them again.
I had four flat tires (3 rear, 1 front) within one year. They seem to
have no puncture resistance. On flat was caused by a 3/8" bolt, if
something as big and dull as that can puncture a tire, than IMHO
something is wrong. Mine were 'bottom of the line', and all I could
afford at the time, so I guess I got what I paid for. I got Michelin
XH's now.

> Any other suggestions for my 71BGT? He had
> the latest Michelin at $90, a bit pricey I thought.

Try tire rack at http://www.tirerack.com to compare prices. I've been
looking for tires for my Midget, it's nice to see what's available and
their prices seem to be the lowest. Some Yokohama's for my wifes
Audi were almost 1/2 what Tire Kingdom here in Florida wanted.

-Aron Travis-
"always in a automotive frenzy"