Re: Midget/Sprite 5 speeds

To: Tom Shirley <tshirley@voy.net>, FunE4MG@aol.com
Subject: Re: Midget/Sprite 5 speeds
From: Jay Quinn <jpquinn@cyberramp.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 22:36:29 -0500
That was me who mentioned $1200.

$200 for the used tranny with 190K miles on it.

$500 for the conversion kit.

$400 for the bearings, syncs, gaskets, etc... to rebuild the worn out
tranny.  (It had the main caged bearing with half of it's bearings missing.
 The rest of it was pretty sloppy and worn.)

$100 for the lift rental to yank and repalce the engine/tranny unit.

That adds up to $1200.  Doing it your self, take it else where, pay through
the nose.

But, if you can find a used 79-81 210 tranny that isn't shot, that you can
throw in, then that should knock off $400 and of you can pay less than $200
for the tranny, then even less/better.

>From what I've seen, you maybe able to do it for $700 - $800 at the
cheapest.  Others may disagree.  I'd like to know the exact cost it has
cost others to make the conversion, the complete real cost.

Good luck.  If you modify to much and you want to autox, then be careful,
you can put your self in a class that maybe more competative ($$$) than you
may be ready for???

--
Jay Quinn       Systems Engineer
jpquinn@cyberramp.net   Pager: 972.319.7611