Re: Spridgets: what years

To: MGS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spridgets: what years
From: john.kahoon@pcohio.com (John Kahoon)
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 11:32:00 -0500
Matt wrote:
ML> extra $$

ML>Two00mph@aol.com writes:
ML>> The only advantage to having a round arch car is that you may be
ML>> able to use a rear wheel with a wider offset and minimize tire rub.

ML>Aesthetically, I think the round rear arch finally looks right after
ML>all the years of square arches.

ML>> Generally, pre- 68 cars are worth more.. steel dash, no smog, chrome
ML>> bumpers, no side markers, etc.

ML>Agreed.  I am buying a '72 bodyshell to use as a basis to rebuild my
ML>Midget (street car).  I love the round-wheel-arches, but hate the late
ML>dash.  I plan to make a wood dash, anyway, so I can have a decent
ML>number of badges and a glovebox.  I'll probably go with my '70
ML>bumpers, as I like the split rear bumper.  Perhaps no front bumper.
ML>I'd like ditch the wind-up windows someday, too, maybe.  Anyone know
ML>if this is possible?  I'm sure you all think I'm quite nuts.

You know, I thought I was the only one who liked the idea of no ( very
little ) front bumper. I considered the rear, over rider only type
set-up from a bug-eye to keep it legal. It would kind of open up the
front end. Would dash sounds like a good idea, but first I'm going to
follow up on that one guy's idea (a padded dash with all the foam
removed and wrinkled paint added ) he said he got the idea when he saw
a burned out car in the bone yard. That would make switch/guage
installation real easy !

John
71 midget
---
 þ SLMR 2.1a þ john.kahoon@pcohio.com

 _ _
|_|_| PC-OHIO Interactive * 216-381-3320 * telnet://bbs.pcohio.net
|_|_| Combining The Best BBS & The Web at http://www.pcohio.com