Re: Paint options-was: Spridgets: what years extra $$

To: MG Mavens <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Paint options-was: Spridgets: what years extra $$
From: Matt Liggett <mliggett@bluemarble.net>
Date: 18 Jun 1997 15:28:21 -0500
Aron Travis <atravis@spacey.net> writes:
> BRG! All lbc's will perform better if painted BRG, it's a known
> fact.  You'll even save money by having to do less maintenance.;o)

No.  By the millenium, 90% of all LBCs will be BRG or red.  I want to
avoid those.  I think.  Green does look verrrrry nice.  My best friend
recommends green/yellow a la Team Lotus livery.

> Second choice yellow.

I like bright yellow, sort of.  A yellow car got me into lots of
trouble when I was younger because of its visibility.  Drag racing a
BROWN car, guess who gets pulled over.  Grrr...  Not that I drag race
on the streets anymore or anything.

> A red sports car has become cliche',

Agree.

> white is to hide body work,

I never new.  White spridgets look horrible, anyway.

> black only if you're a male under 20 (age or bad ass attitude).

Hmm.. I'm 24, so close.  Black is a BEAR to take care of.  My SAAB is
black and I hate it.  But, I wouldn't mind fussing over a black
spridget because it's alot smaller and . . . well, I fuss over it
anyway!

I've alse heard of a colour called ... Black Violet?  Supposedly a BMC
colour.  Does anyone know this colour and/or have an image of it on
the web?  I have a pretty good monitor calibrated to 6500K, so the
colours should look pretty accurate.

Cheers!

--
Matt Liggett <mliggett@pobox.com> | Bloomington, IN, USA | '60 Mini