An interesting interlude

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: An interesting interlude
From: Glenn Schnittke <schnittke@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 00:41:49 -0500
So I'm driving down 8th Avenue in Nashville today, just past the point
where it turns into Franklin Road on my way to 100 Oaks. On the other side
of the road, headed into town, but not anymore, is a stalled maroon 73 BGT
with two very puzzled guys standing there. I pulled around to see if they
needed help. They said that Amy Grant had just donated it to the Fan Fair
Auction and they were driving it over to the site from the museum where it
had been sitting for two or three years. Exterior was really very good to
excellent, interior was nice (I didn't really look that hard). The engine
room however was covered with dust. At turnover there was no movement in
the clear fuel filter and there wasn't any spark at all on #1. I took one
look at the rust on the gas cap and asked them how long it had been since
it was started. They said maybe last year. Oh, well.

They left it at Thouroughbred Motors and I don't know what'll become of it,
but if anyone's interested I could maybe check on it. The body IS fine and
my guess is all it needs is the varnish & rust flushed out and the
electrics checked. Of course the FIRST thing I did was get my wire wheel
hammer out and head for the fuel pump, but it was electronic.

Glenn
No one in Tuna knows what I do for a livivng.

Glenn Schnittke                    I'm cured. Leave me alone.
Nashville TN                       615-385-2800
schnittke@mindspring.com