Front End Rebuild Questions

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Front End Rebuild Questions
From: wake@DIXIENET.COM
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 20:23:16 -0400
I have decided it is time to rebuild the front end of my 73 B.  The cars
seems to be a little loose and makes a distinct clunking sound when
going over rough roads.  Upon a brief visual inspection, it seems the
bushings are dry and cracked.

Before attempting the rebuild, I have a few questions, but would
certainly welcome any other advice on the task at hand.

1.  How do I know which bushings etc. need replacing, or should I just
go ahead and replace them all?

2.  If I purchase the "Major Suspension Kit" ($120) from Moss, I believe
I have to have someone "ream" the Kingpins.  How hard is it to find
someone to do this for me, and how much should it cost?

3.  Does it make more sense to just spend the extra and buy the
"Rebuilt/Exchange Swivel Assemblies" that are available for 300 to 350
dollars?  These come with the kingpin bushings already pressed into
place and reamed to fit the new kingpins.

4.  Any other things I should know before starting?  Anything else I
should go ahead and replace while everything is torn apart.

Thanks,

Glenn Wakefield
Wake@Dixienet.com