Re: Front End Rebuild Questions

To: wake@DIXIENET.COM
Subject: Re: Front End Rebuild Questions
From: "Murch, Paul" <murch@y-city.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 00:24:08 -0400
wake@DIXIENET.COM wrote:

> I have decided it is time to rebuild the front end of my 73 B.  The cars
 much should it cost?

> 3.  Does it make more sense to just spend the extra and buy the
> "Rebuilt/Exchange Swivel Assemblies" that are available for 300 to 350
> dollars?  These come with the kingpin bushings already pressed into
> place and reamed to fit the new kingpins.

Glenn

I was looking through catalogs the other day and saw the proper MG had
(has?) Swivel Axle sets for $169 (Catalog #1, summer 1996) I ordered
their front brake kit several months ago and was impressed with the
price ($69 for 2 rotors, pads, clips etc, I think) and the parts arrived
within 2 or 3 days...........

Paul Murch
66 B (almost stripped for complete rebuild)
88 RX-7 Convertable (arrives tomorow)
89 CRX (150K, strong but very boring daily driver)

p.s.  No personal interest and all of the usual