Update on princess Di(e)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Update on princess Di(e)
From: Steve Gibbons <steve@wyrm.AZTech.Net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 20:14:43 -0700
It's been a while since I posted anything and I thought I'd give an update.

Alvie (Dad-in-law) and I pulled the engine/tranny about a month ago.  He
dragged it down to Tucson (where he lives) and had fun figuring out what
was wrong with it (no worn gears, no metal bits in the oil.)  Turns out to
be a _totally_ worn out clutch release bearing.  (Which makes sense, now that
I look at in retrospect, but being a mechanical zero, I didn't think of it
at the time.)  In any event the tranny is now clean enough to eat off of,
and we'll be starting on the engine next (with a new clutch.)

I've also been doing some of the things that a mechanical-zero can do on his
own, like removing all of the external attached bits that don't have paint
on them (bumpers, lights, emblems, etc.) in preparation for new paint.

Di has turned from a resented lover into a treasured mistress now that I
don't _have_ to cope with her ideosincracies every day...

--
Steve

P.S.  I switched to the digest version of the mgs list, so I may not see
all of your responses unless I'm CCed directly.