MGA Starter/Transmission Cover

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGA Starter/Transmission Cover
From: RatiganJ@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 23:35:44 -0400 (EDT)
Fellow listers...

     The end of the starter that engages with the flywheel protrudes through
the transmission on my 58 MGA.  It appears that there should be a cover over
this end of the starter that attaches to the transmission housing with three
screws/bolts.  However, I do not find this part in the Moss catalog nor do I
find it called out in any of the drawings in the MGA Shop Manual.  Could one
of the many helpful MGA owners on the list take a look and see if there is a
cover I am missing?  Does anyone have an extra cover for sale?

     Thanks...
     Joe Ratigan