RE: wire wheels #%^* !!!

To: "John Kahoon" <john.kahoon@pcohio.com>,
Subject: RE: wire wheels #%^* !!!
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 97 13:43:10 UT
John,

Sounds like you might be able to get the wheel off along with the spline.
Take the dust cover off and try to get the cotter pin out that is holding the
spline nut. Getting the cotter pin out may be difficult as the access hole is
blocked by the wheel but you should have enough space to get in sideways and
twist it out.  Remove the spline nut and the spline should come off with the
wheel attached.

However, what you describe also sounds like your wheel may have been tightened
too much in which case the above may need to be done if plenty of penetrating
oil and heat does not free it up.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Dr. Doug
69 C Rdst