Re: My faith was returning until...

To: tallen@csc.sctboces.org
Subject: Re: My faith was returning until...
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 10:24:33 EDT
On Fri, 20 Jun 1997 22:35:37 -0400 (EDT) tallen <tallen@csc.sctboces.org>
writes:
> it was
>leaking
>between the cylinder and the banjo where the line and bleeder are.
>The
>bolt is tight

Sounds like a missing copper washer.

> (does anyone know what size bolt this is and what to use
>not
>to round it off?).

Probably a BSF (or Whitworth) sized wrench is necessary.  Many of the
fuel line and brake line bolts, etc. are BSF on the MGA.  I'll have to
check my car to give you the right size.

> It's like the MG in the
>Dell
>"The top takes the clutch, the clutch takes the brakes..." only
>without
>the HiHo.
>
>Thanks for listening,
>
>Tom '60 MGA 1600
>
>ps.  Has anyone out there tried to bleed their (MG's) clutch with a
>Mighty
>Vac?

I have had NO luck with one-man bleeder systems, including the Mighty
Vac.  I think it just sucks, although others on this list have had better
luck.  I had to get married so I would have somebody handy to bleed
brakes ;-)

David Littlefield
Houston, TX