Re: Holley Carbs

To: "Christopher G. Moog" <cgmoog@worldnet.att.net>, cgmoog@worldnet.att.net,
Subject: Re: Holley Carbs
From: "Lishego, Michael" <MIKESL@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 20:49:40 EST
Date sent:      Mon, 23 Jun 1997 15:25:08 -0400
From:           "Christopher G. Moog" <cgmoog@worldnet.att.net>
To:             "Lishego, Michael" <MIKESL@tartan.sapc.edu>
Copies to:      Scott Gardner <gardner@lwcomm.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Send reply to:  "Christopher G. Moog" <cgmoog@worldnet.att.net>

Lishego, Michael wrote:

> My '86 Plymouth Turismo, venerable grandfather of 'problem cars' was
> fitted with a two barrel Holley carb, as were all of those little
> buggers.  It is an electric choke, and they needed to have a certain
> modification done internally to run right, but I'm not sure what.  I
> have three of the carbs with one manifold sitting around.  If anyone
> knows of a modification, I'd like to hear it...
> ~Mike

I believe the Plymouth carb is made by Holley under license from Weber
(similar in design to the DGV I believe).  Don't know what the
differences are though.

Actually, now that I think of it, you're right!  The Holley, from my
memory, seems to have more vacuum hoses on it.  However, the intake
for the Holley is two-tiered, with the exhaust under the intake on
the head.  If I remember right, the Holley has a one-piece
manifold...Now I'm going to have to _try_ to fit a Holley onto the
Downdraft manifold...
~Mike