Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #8 Wed Jun 18 17:23:16 MDT 1997

To: gardner@lwcomm.com
Subject: Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #8 Wed Jun 18 17:23:16 MDT 1997
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 22:54:32 EDT
On Mon, 23 Jun 1997 02:59:12 +0000 "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
writes:
>> I have also heard about some people using an intake manifold that
>> allows you to use a Holley or Carter carburator.  Since I have only
>> heard these rumours through the grapevine (from my brother's uncle's
>
>> cousin's social worker :) ) I am curious if anyone has any info.
>>
>> Thanks and Safety Fast,
>> Dan Rollins
>>
>Dan,
>       The only Holley carbs I've seen are on the V-8 versions. I
>can't
>think of which holley would be suitable for a 2-litre 'B, since
>I don't know what the CFM specs are for the "typical" MGB carbs, but
>I would think that even a 450 CFM Holley would be overkill.  Go with
>one of the readily-available, tried-and-true carb setups, and you'll
>probably be happier.  If you're going for airflow, I can't picture
>ever needing more than a pair of Weber 45 or 48 DCOEs would provide.
>

>Scott Gardner
>gardner@lwcomm.com
>www.lwcomm.com/~gardner

There was (is) a model of Holley two barrel which I believe was used on
the Capri, that was in all but name a Weber progressive twin choke down
draught.  I believe the carb was manufactured by Holley under license
from Weber.

 One of our club members is running the Weber down draught on his 77 B
and when he needed an overhaul kit for it, the local NAPA counterman
found it listed as a Holley part # for the Capri.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget