Re: British Wire

Subject: Re: British Wire
From: Patton Dickson <kpatton@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 21:04:49 -0500
DANMAS@aol.com wrote:

> I must second Rick's recommendation of British Wire! They are indeed
> excellent people to deal with.

Well, after recieving several horror stories about the problems and
dangers of used wiring harnesses (plus an dream about fire).  I called
British Wire this morning.  It turns out that they are they suppliers
for several of the vendors that I E-mailed this weekend.  The service
lived up to the reviews, and I ordered the PVC harness they had in
stock.  They also had a few of the braided, but I couldn't justify the
cost difference (259 vs. 329 I think).

The harness they sell are complete with the sub harness, unlike some of
the big name houses, and the prices are competitive.  A note here, I
talked to a couple vendors who were getting the harness from British
Wiring, one could offer cheaper prices, $10 off, but shipping would be
higher, and it would take longer to get it to me, so there wasn't a
choice here.

Just to let everyone know that the Big List needs updating also, they
now take Visa, MC, and AMEX.

> On top of that, Lesley has such a lovely accent, it's worth the price
> of a
> call just to hear her talk!

That is definitely true!!!

Thanks again to everybody who helped me make this decision.  This forum
is really a wonderful tool for enthusiasts, we need to spread the word
and help keep these LBC's on the road.

Finally, I really appreciate the vendors who took the time to answer my
e-mail, I am sorry I didn't buy from you this time, but that kind of
service IS what will make me check back again.  AND LOOKING AT MY CAR I
WILL BE CHECKING BACK SOON AND FREQUENTLY!!!!!

Sorry this message got so long.

Patton

--
'67 Austin Healey Sprite MKIV