Re: MGB break performance?

To: Wade Shanley <Wadesh@msn.com>
Subject: Re: MGB break performance?
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 22:55:30 +0100
Wade Shanley wrote:

> Details:  the pedal moves down about 1/4 of the distance before I start to
> feel break pressure. Is this a typical amount of free play?

Trying pumping once an then applying the brakes. If that improves the
performance then take it back to the shop. Check the MC fluid level. If
it is low, then you're probably leaking somewhere.

It is kinda hard to get all the fluid lines tightened up just right on
the first time. Ideally they need to be 1/4 turn before stripping! A
little seepage from one of the joints can quickly botch the brake feel.

Perhaps the system just needs a good bleeding. Not a big deal -- but
have it looked after.

Bob Allen, Kanas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61 Elva
"A MightyVac, EZ-Bleed in the garage + wife for emergencies"