Re: TD rear shock mounting

To: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>
Subject: Re: TD rear shock mounting
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 07:13:22 -0400
Skip Kelsey wrote:

> David:
>
> The correct bolt is 3/8X31/4 BSF. I only have one instock, but you can
> call
> Abingdon Spares Ltd. They list it under part no. 23/320. There about
> $1.90
> each. You will need to also order the nut to go with it.
>
> Cheers:
>
> Skip.........At 07:56 PM 6/27/97 EDT, dmeadow@juno.com wrote:
> >Can one of the suppliers or parts car owners on the list help with
> this
> >one?
> >
> >I am missing the four bolts that hold the rear shocks (originally
> Girling
> >that I am replacing with Armstrong) onto the rear frame of my TD.
> The
> >DPO had replaced the originals with ones that are too thin.  I'm
> >concerned that the loose fit will cause the shocks to move around.
> The
> >size seems to be unusual, I couldn't find any at the hardware store
> that
> >were the right diameter (Whitworth threads are unnecessary, since a
> nut
> >goes on the other end).  Moss doesn't list them.
> >
> >Anybody got four or can tell me where to get them?
> >
> >Email me back directly, please, I am going to have to sign off the
> list
> >for a few days next week.
> >
> >TIA
> >
> >David Littlefield
> >Houston, TX

Skip,
      You're great!  I was just about to dig out the Service Parts List
and try to find the part numbers when I spotted your response. The idea
that a vendor would dig up the part number from a 'competitor' and
provide it to a 'could-have-been' customer is not the normal way of
life. I guess that's the sort of thing that makes us MG'ers a bit
different from a lot of ordinary folks. Congratulations for your
integrity and spirit.

Bud Krueger
(about to head up to NEMGTR GOF Mk63)