Re: Midget Jack Locations

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Midget Jack Locations
From: Aron Travis <atravis@spacey.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 10:19:28 -0700
Both my Midgets are on jack stands, totally off the ground.
The rears have the stands under the axles where the spring plates are.
And the fronts, one is just behind the rear a-arm mount, one is just
behind the swaybar mount. I have some old rubber floor mats, which I
cut up into approx 3" by 10" strips, and folded over a few times. I
put this wad between the stands and the car. The midgets seem to be
easily mared by the jack and stands.
The biggest problem with totally jacking the car up is that you can
see all the things wrong with it. You then can get 'while I'm at it'
fever. With my '78 I started with just replacing a cracked a-arm, now
I'm well into a full suspension rebuild,clutch replacement, timing
chain, radiator and hoses, ujoints, and rear bearing and seals.
You've been warned.
-Aron Travis-
"always in a automotive frenzy"