Distributor question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Distributor question
From: JWidell625@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 21:45:25 -0400 (EDT)
I recently added a Pertronix ignition to my 77 B, replacing the failed
Allison(crane). I purchased the Pertronix from Shadetree Motors(Skip Kelsey)
in CA ,who gave me excellent tech advice and overall service.

My question:  What is a "eurospec" distributor, and can I convert by 45de4 to
give the same performance?  I have a vague knowledge of advances but am
unclear on the technical specifics. Also, will a "eurospec" distributor take
an electronic ignition system, and will it give the same performance? I'm
sold on the electronic systems, but being pragmatic, carry a separate dist.
with points as a spare in the trunk of Margaret (after Thatcher, of course),
my 77 B.
Joel Widell, Marathon, FL.