RE: MGB swivel axle set

To: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>,
Subject: RE: MGB swivel axle set
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 97 15:58:10 UT
Davis Clarke, SCS,
RFD 3 Box 662
Putney, Vt  05346
802 387 4540

-----Original Message-----
From:   owner-mgs@autox.team.net  On Behalf Of W. R. Gibbons
Sent:   Tuesday, July 01, 1997 10:40 AM
To:     Eric Zambori
Cc:     RJohn50603@aol.com; mgs@autox.team.net

> RJohn50603@aol.com wrote:

> > Well, I have come to the point of replacing the kingpins on my '73 MGB
> > everyday driver. I did this on my son's '76 Midget about three years ago
and
> > it was very time consuming considering that we had to disassemble the
swivel
> > axles, take them to a machine shop to have the bushings installed and
reamed,
> > then reinstall them.
> >
> > Having your own reamer would improve the situation but, $200 is a steep
price
> > for something I'll need every ten to twenty years.

> > R. Johnson - Dallas

You should try Sports Car Services in Westminster Vermont.  I think he
carries rebuilt units for exchange.  I don't have the number, but you
should be able to get it from information 802-555-1212.

   W. R. Gibbons  Dept. of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics
                  gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8629