Re: Our Cars Being Shipped Off? What?

To: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Subject: Re: Our Cars Being Shipped Off? What?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 22:44:24 -0400
W. R. Gibbons wrote:
> Owners no longer have to pay the annual tax on cars over 25 years old.
> It is the equivalent of a free license; a significant saving.  Can anyone
> imagine our government doing anything like that?

  How could they. Every time any US government tries to make
any law at all everybody screams like they are stealing
their firstborn.

  (ducking)

  Although on a serious note, Americans are as a unit extremely
untrusting of government. Other countries citizens are more likely
to suffer in peace trusting there is some greater good happening
somewhere.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada