RE: Our Cars Being Shipped Off? What?

To: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>,
Subject: RE: Our Cars Being Shipped Off? What?
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@monmouth.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 1997 14:04:21 -0400
At 09:55 PM 7/2/97 -0400, W. R. Gibbons wrote:

>Owners no longer have to pay the annual tax on cars over 25 years old.
>It is the equivalent of a free license; a significant saving.  Can anyone
>imagine our government doing anything like that?
>
>   W. R. Gibbons  Dept. of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics
>                  Univ. of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT
>                  gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8629

Yes I can. In New Jersey, Historic cars . Any car over 25 years pays a one
time registration($25) and thats it. Of course you are supposed to limit
use to show and educational purposes. When I drive my MG it is always for
educational purposes and for show, even when the trip is to the local store.

Mike