Al Moss remembers Dick Criswell

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Al Moss remembers Dick Criswell
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 00:04:04 -0400 (EDT)
Al Moss asked me to post this for him to the list:

I, too, was greatly shocked and deeply saddened to learn of the sudden death
of my buddy, Dick.

I have known Dick for many years, probably since the very first GoF-West here
in Santa Barbara.  I am sure he must have attended and supported all of the
West Coast GoFs and was instrumental in putting on the third one in Oregon,
many years ago.  I saw him occasionally after he moved to nearby (50 miles
away) Camarillo.

My most recent contacts with Dick were  after Jim & Susie Bigler moved to
Camarillo last December.  Jim was in the last throes of cancer and they
needed help occasionally.  Dick was always ready, willing and able to assist
them, whether by picking up furniture, helping Susie with the TF after Jim's
death--whatever.

Dick and I became AoL E-Mail "Buddies".  One day, shortly before Jim died, I
was just signing off AoL, preparing to go to the Biglers, when the little
chime let me know there was a Buddy on-line.  It was Damitdick and we
arranged to have lunch together in an hour.

The last time I saw Dick was at Jim Bigler's memorial service---the first and
last time I saw him in a suit and tie!!

I will miss a truly neat enthusiast and gentle man.

E. Alan (Al) Moss

P. S.  Just talked with Susie Bigler this morning.  She is leaving Camarillo,
having found a great job and bought a house in Nashville, Tennessee.  She
wants to sell the MG that she and Jim owned.  It is a 1955 MG TF 1500 with
wire (Or as Susie would say "War") wheels.  It is in very good shape and she
is asking just $13,000. If any interest, contact me (RacerMoss@aol.com) and
I'll have her call you.