Re: An MG question for those with electrical smarts

To: "David Deutsch" <drded@ix.netcom.com>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: An MG question for those with electrical smarts
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 97 13:09:18 -0400
Hello??? David Deutsch

>This was forwarded to me and I don't know the answer. "a little help
>here" Safety Fast, David " seem the older I get the more I don't know"
>Deutsch
>
>You wrote:
>>
>>How many amps drawdown should there be on a 76MGB with all loads
>removed
>>exc
>>ept  the alternator and starter connectuions? I'm getting 18 m/ amps
>and
>>this seems like a whole bunch.

Others may have a better answer but, as I recall once the solenoid has
released the starter should draw no amps. However if the ig key is left
in the on position, there are idiot lights gauges etc, that will draw
amps. The ALT should draw no ampws it should create amps. You can run an
LBC on just the battery (been there, done that) w/o burning fuses. If I
remeber right 18 is reasonable?? my fuses are se for 17amps (Lucas) so I
am not sure

Larry Macy
78 Midget