Re: MG Cooling System,

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MG Cooling System,
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 12:51:00 -0500 (CDT)
Andy,
A friend of mine had a thicker core installed in the shell of his 79
B's radiator and the results were very good. I have a 75 MGB with a
stock radiator core (I did have it flushed professionally) and have
never had any problems with heat. Before I would try adding cooling
capacity to the car's rad., I would recommend some serious engine
flushing first. I've ripped down more than a couple of engines and am
always amazed at the build up of slug and scaley deposits on the
cooling passages walls restricting flow.
Safety Fast, David Deutsch

You wrote:
>So.... in the spirit of cooling things off here, I'll ask an
LBC-related
>question about MGB cooling systems and hopefully turn things around.
>
>Randy Johnson had a great suggestion about re-coring a radiator with a
>thicker core and more tubes per inch.  Has anyone else tried this?
Are