Re: Cheap Waxoyl

To: atravis@spacey.net
Subject: Re: Cheap Waxoyl
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 11:20:33 EDT
On Sun, 06 Jul 1997 23:44:09 -0700 Aron Travis <atravis@spacey.net>
writes:
>I use chain lube for my rustproofing. This is the stuff you are
>supposed
>to use on motorcycle chains. It's thin, but stickey, and sprays well.
>Very tacky too, I feel that it is the right compromise between being
>thin enough to penetrate the small areas, but tackey enough to stay
>where
>you put it.
>Primarily I use it within frames, rockers, etc. More of a internal
>than
>external rustproofing.
>
>-Aron Travis-
>"always in a automotive frenzy"

Aron,
  The advertised virtue of Waxoyl is that it "creeps" up, sideways, under
and behind rust and crud, thus getting to the surface that needs
protection. I've never chipped off a piece of loose rust after applying
it, though this thread has me thinking that would be a worthwhile test.
Do you think that the chain oil has this same ability? Certainly it's
cheaper and smells less.
Bob