Re: Ignition Woes

To: wake@DIXIENET.COM
Subject: Re: Ignition Woes
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 23:24:21 -0400
wake@DIXIENET.COM wrote:
> 3.  The electronic ignition system, has two wires on it.  One says goes
> to the positive and one to the negative side of the coil.  My coil has
> two sides, one with two wires and one side with a single wire.  Which
> side is which?  Which wires do I keep?

  IF your car is like mine, the side with two wires is the positive
side. It has two wires, one goes to the solenoid and provides 12V
during starting, the other goes through the ballast resistor to
supply lower voltage.

  Check this against the factory diagram before trusting me, but
that is the way it is in my car.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada