Re: Ignition Woes

To: wake@DIXIENET.COM
Subject: Re: Ignition Woes
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 1997 06:57:08 EDT
Hi Wake,
  If you don't get an irresistable offer for a distributor, you might be
able to find a comparable spring at the friendly local hardware store.
Most of them have a couple of little boxes of hundreds of little springs.
Of course, you will have to find out the stretch characteristics of a
spring by putting a scale on another spring.... $70, another little part
made of gold.
  Your 1973 should be fitted with an alternator, and should be Negative
Earth.  Just check the wiring diagram to see what wire is which. Though
the wire from the coil to the distributor should be positive, you might
want to confirm that before you connect.
Bob