ZS Carbie

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: ZS Carbie
From: daryls@academy.net.au (Daryl)
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 20:40:13 +0930
I have late 77B with the single carb.  Air pump, cat converter etc removed
and ignition advance is 15% at 850rpm. I gave up on the choke and disabled
it by removing the expanding spring and putting a lock pin in to stop the
rotation of small lever inside the choke body.

The car runs quite well except that it takes too long to return to idle. I
presume this is a feature of the antipollution type carby.  Any suggestions?

Also I notice that vac advance runs thru a device so that advance only comes
on when in 4th gear?  If I skip this switch and run a hose direct to
distributor then this seems to make the return to idle even slower eg
2000rpm for 5-10 seconds before back to 850.

Would appreciate any comments (apart from the obvious - replace with SU's)
Thanks