Re: ZS Carbie

To: daryls@academy.net.au (Daryl), mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: ZS Carbie
From: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 09:54:22 -0700
Daryl:

On the throttle plate is a spring loaded valve, that is supposed to open
briefly upon deacceleration to lean the fuel mixture and reduce smog. After
years of use the spring gets weak and it doesnt close easily. I usually
either solder the valve closed, or obtain an early solid throttle plate,
and replace it. This should solve the problem that you are having. Also, If
you initial idle speed is set too high, the valve has a hard time comming
closed.
dont set your idle speed over 1000 rpm.

Good luck: