Re: CD player (was Questions)

To: Bob De Weese <bearlock@erols.com>, miker15@juno.com
Subject: Re: CD player (was Questions)
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 00:13:16 -0400
At 11:26 PM 7/13/97 -0400, Bob De Weese wrote:

>Wiring (if you have the directions or at least know what wires go to
>what, it shouldn't be hard.   If not...
>
>Coming out of the stereo ***usually***  is something like:
>
>Red  = Positive - constant power - retains clock and channel mem.
>Yellow = switched power - turns off stereo when you shut off the car
>(wish mine did that)
>Black = ground (negative)
>Blue =  dash lights - dims the display at night
>Green = power antena  (Yeah, right.)
>
>Speaker wires by trial and error.

I would strongly advise against anyone hooking up speaker wires by trial
and error.  I accidently let two wires touch on my Clarion CD player and
the internal amplifier fried.  Luckily, I wasn't planning on using the
internal amp and installed an external amplifier.  I suggest to all who
drive with the top down to install and external amplifier up to your
speakers(if possible), because it's nice to be able to have the top down
and be able to listen to your favorite tunes.  But I know all you guys
listen to rap, and all that teens-pissed-off-at-the-world music, so maybe
you shouldn't install an amp and put the rest of world in misery.

Jay "not booming his stereo" Hartwig