Re: CD player (was Questions)

To: Bob De Weese <bearlock@erols.com>
Subject: Re: CD player (was Questions)
From: pbailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 07:21:50 -0700
On a 77 you shouldn't have to do any hacking I put a CD stereo in my 79
with no problems but had to remove it because it skipped too much I
don't think you will be happy with a CD because the MG rides too
harsh..I then went to a Sony 35 W per channel auto reverse car stereo
and .....GASP....I DID it....I cut out holes for rear speakers...I know;
don't flame me ....BUT toons is toons and actually unless I try to
resell someday to a purist it will be  a selling point not to have an
anemic stereo that can't be heard above 2nd gear.So you should have
plenty of room for a modern stereo in your 77 but just make sure you can
take the CD back if it skips every time you go for a spirited ride down
some back road....Pat