Musings

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Musings
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 11:13:48 -0500
Nancy and I went for a nice long drive Friday night in honor of our fallen
comrade.  Wonderful drive for a reason we would all rather avoid but I
guess we can't live in a bubble.

The A is still running strong this summer.  The Waxoyl has finally dried
and no longer smells.  I am almost ashamed to admit that Nancy asked me
what needed to be replaced next and I answered "nothing."  Well, the rear
wheel bearing is still clicking and it is a little rough but I am keeping
an eye on it, feeling it at each stop to see if any heat is being
generated.  As long is it doesn't start to heat up and the noise doesn't
change in character I am going to live with it.

I met another neighbor with an MG last night.  He has a 79 Midget.  I have
seen the car occaisionally but we must have different schedules since I
have never seen him oulside and I have also never seen his car move.  He
had also never seen mine before.  Last night he was working on the fuel
system (rotted fuel line causing air sucking) and I offered moral support
and help in the future.

This year I have seen thee other MG's on the road other than my neighbors
and club fucntions.  It would be nice to see more.  I know they are out
there but where, I don't know.

Not wanting to tempt fate any longer, I put together a trunk tool box.
Nothing special.  I put it all in a plastic tackle box to keep the rattles
down and keep from damaging the paint.  The main ingredient is a tire
sealer/inflator so that I don't have to carry the spare, jack, lug wrench,
etc.  More room less weight.  I also have a tow strap in case I come across
any TR-6's (did you read this far, Bob?)  ;-)

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA motoring happily along.