TD Racer

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TD Racer
From: Jonathan Butler <j-butler@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 15:03:38 +0100 (BST)
Just to put my tuppence in on this thread--
Never seen a proper twin spare carrier for a TD but I used to carry an extra
spare by putting two long bolts through the unused holes on the first wheel
then bolting the second on. Useful to carry different tyres for trialing in
the 1970's.
The solid wheels which my car has have identical rims to the later wheels. In
fact more than the first 250 TD's had these as mine is chassis 0552 (therefore
is car no 301 off the line) and has had them from new.Actually it was first
registered on 7th January 1950 which is before it had been made according to
some books I have seen so I suspect factory records could have been better!.
BTW the YB saloon wheels appear/are identical to mine.
No self respecting TD with a heater  Terry !! Well I had one for a while years
ago but it got in the way when I removed the engine/box so left it out. It
did'nt do much anyway as I have never had a set of serviceable side curtains
and can't remember when the hood last went up so the competition was too much
for it.And finally yes I did have a fabric covered top hose once so suppose they
did exist but I have not seen one for years.
Jonathan Butler
Shropshire