Re: TD remote control

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TD remote control
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 17 Jul 1997 16:05:15 -0500
In <33CE85A7.7484@hbp.com>, Steve Tritle wrote:
>I need to rebush my remote control How many bushings do I need?

Yes, well, ummmm.  If you have a remote control that has a bushing
already installed, the answer is "one" and it is available from
Abingdon Spares for about 3 bucks.  If your remote control is like
most and has no bushing (but rattles enthusiastically and needs one)
my answer is that the number is irrelevant because the problems
encountered putting one in are..significant (been there, done that).

The bottom line is that if I did not have access to a full machine
shop (including a Milwaukee Model K horizontal mill) downstairs from
my office, the bushing installation would not have happened.  It took
about five hours (mostly setup) and the manufacture of a couple of custom
tools.  I can give you some suggestions as to how to go about it if
you really really want to, but I think you are better off putting up
with the racket.

                        A. B. Bonds