FW: Front wheel shake

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: FW: Front wheel shake
From: Patti & John Morris <mgj2@globaldialog.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 20:19:16 -0500

----------
From:   Patti & John Morris[SMTP:mgj2@globaldialog.com]
Sent:   Friday, July 18, 1997 8:08 PM
To:     'mgs@autox.team.net'
Subject:        Front wheel shake

Ok list I have a confession. My '57 MGA develops a shake in the steering =
at 65-70 mph. I assume this is related only to the front wheels because =
I only feel it in the steering wheel. I know that the front supension =
bushings are new and the rest of the front suspension is in good shape. =
I have freshly rebuilt front shocks. There is almost no play between the =
front wheels and the streering wheel. I just had the wheels balanced =
today thinking that must be the answer. Helped but did not eliminate the =
problem. I haven't had the alignment checked for years but the milage =
since has been limited.

I'm out of ideas. What should I be looking for here?

Thanks!

John an his '57 MGA