Re: FW: Front wheel shake

To: Patti & John Morris <mgj2@globaldialog.com>
Subject: Re: FW: Front wheel shake
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 13:54:18 -0400
Patti & John Morris wrote:

> ----------

Get suspicious about the tires.  Try swapping fronts to rears to see
what difference that makes.  Take a look at the trueness of your wheels
by jacking up the front and spinning the wheels.  A very crude gauge can
be made by attaching a wire to some sort of stand to use as a pointer in
close proximity to the rim edge.  You should be shooting for less than
1/16 in with regards to "out-of-round" and "wobble" conditions.

--
*Bill Schooler      *Check the MGCC Wash DC Centre Web Page
*Woodbridge, VA     *http://members.aol.com/mgccwdcc/