Re: Padded dashes and soiled jeans

To: Aron Travis <atravis@spacey.net>
Subject: Re: Padded dashes and soiled jeans
From: Tom Shirley <tshirley@voy.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 00:43:00 -0400
Aron Travis wrote:

> Does anyone know if the Midget dash would look as good?

The PO of my 71 stripped a dash and I got it with the car. I plan to put
it on once the weather gets too cold. (I know, I'm a candy ass). Anyway,
the left and right edges of the dash have a gap in them that might have
to be filled. It's about 1/4" wide and 1" long. Also the dash dips in to
the right of the instrument cluster area and the left and right sides
are joined together there. Right, it's made from two pieces.

To make it look really good, I'm going to add a little body filler to
smooth out the transition between the two pieces. They are not butted,
they overlap.

. Tom Shirley                                   .
. Sale Creek, TN (just north of Chattanooga)    .
. 71 MG Midget  72 Datsun 510 (the race car)    .
. http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/5848 .